Saturday, March 14, 2009

Long Time No Post

I just read travisdean9152's blog and he posted that it had been a long time since he had added to his blog. It had been a mere month. I then looked and realized it has been over three years since I'd added anything other than pictures. So ...

I still feel deeply about the the two previous opinion or "thought blogs" I posted way back in 2005.

Now for my personal thoughts. In January 2002 we moved from Colorado to Bellevue, Nebraska outside Omaha. The move was necessary to make visiting my mother in Des Moines easier and was made possible by my employer. We left our twin 20 year old sons along with two friends living in our house and moved to an apartment. While we were there, our granddaughter Alexis was born November 23, 2003. We were lucky enough to be back in Colorado for her birth. Since we lived in Nebraska, we didn't get to see her as much as we wanted. Then in November 2007 we moved back to Colorado and into our house, again thanks to my employer. On April 25, 2008 our grandaughter Addison was born and we have enjoyed being able to spend time with them both. Needless to say we enjoy being home with our family, which now includes our two daughter-in-laws Crystal and Stacy.

My plans for retiring at the end of 2010 have been put on hold. We, like everyone else have been impacted by the current economic conditions. I feel confident the United States will be able to recover from this interruption to our economic prosperity. Now that President Obama is spreading a lot more positive spin to economic conditions, contrary to the other democrat cronies in the congress, the country will soon begin to pick up the message and the recovery will begin. Why the democrats leading congress need to spread doom and gloom just to spend massive amounts of money is beyond me. Considering the characters involved in this, I'm sure that I'll comment again on this.

No comments: