Sunday, March 15, 2009

Last Day in Albuquerque and Trip Home

This morning I awoke happy to find a working 4-cup coffee pot at the Hawthorn Suites. Turned the cold water on in the wet bar and the spout fell off. Oh well, the bathroom sink works fine so made coffee, fixed the wet bar spout and read email.

Continue to have trouble Hotsyncing my Sprint Treo-755P smartphone with my laptop. This is a long existing problem that Sprint has been unable to help with. It hangs while Hotsyncing media, pictures and video. Removed the "Team 2.0GB miniSD card" and the Hotsync went fine so I suspect the SD card is bad.

These are the sort of things I do while staying in a hotel before Toni (Martha) wakes up. I will sit for hours playing on the computer.

While we were leaving the hotel, I noticed someone on the elevator who was wearing a "Witchcraft" cap. I asked if he had flown on the B-24 Liberator now known as "Witchcraft" and he said yes. He said he had flown in Texas and I told him I had flown in Omaha. What are the odds that two people would meet in Albuquerque on an elevator who had flown this most historic of aircraft owned by the Collins Foundation?

Well, it worked like a charm, almost like someone planned it all out. Checked the car in at Avis and it was $40 less than their estimate. Got to the airport and checked in at United smoothly without much of a wait. Went through security remarkably quickly given how long the line was. The plane left Albuquerque about 10 minutes late, but arrived roughly on time. Got a $9 AAA discount at the car park and drove home without incident. We're home safe.

No comments: