Saturday, June 20, 2009

Linux Pulls It Out!

Don't ask me how Linux decides what it's going to do next. Yesterday, after being turned off for two weeks the two Linux boxes booted up just fine. My main rationale for booting them was I received an annual email from Linux Counter to check my listing (user 164701). Noticed I only listed the old machine so I added the IBM to the list. I installed the auto update script and it shows in the cron log that it ran on both machines, but still doesn't show up on Linux Counter as auto updated.

As soon as the old box booted I noticed that somehow without input from anyone but the Linux Gods it was back to the 1280x1024 screen resolution. I updated both boxes which requested a reboot when it completed and they both came back up without problems.

Just wanted to post this to be fair to Linux and all the work people do in developing it. I could of just posted it as a comment to my May 31, 2009 post, but that's like a newspaper accusing someone on page one for the headlines and posting the retraction on page six. That's not right for newspapers, TV networks, or my posts.

No comments: